By P.T. Bopanna
As India celebrates the National Reading Day, I am happy to announce that I am donating my collection of books on Kodagu (Coorg) to the Cauvery College Library at Gonikoppal in Kodagu district.
Wish to clarify these are not the books authored by me. These books I had collected over the years. Many of these books were handed over to me by the authors. Sharing below the list of books donated to the college. A few years ago, I had also donated to Cauvery College, all the books authored by me.
Besides, I had also donated books authored by me to the Field Marshal K.M. Cariappa Government College at Madikeri. Also, I had handed over to the college, compilation of articles written by me on Kodagu and papers and documents connected with Jamma lands, gun exemption given to Kodavas, maps, etc. I gave these to the Madikeri college because they have a department of journalism and also MA in Kodava studies.
I selected to give my books from my personal collection to the Cauvery College because when I was young and unemployed, it was the Cauvery College library from where I borrowed books and spent my time reading.
I also handed over book rack to Cauvery College to keep my books. Sharing below the books I have handed over to Cauvery College. I am also requesting all of you to hand over books to schools and colleges near your homes.
BOOKS DONATED TO CAUVERY COLLEGE LIBRARY
- Traditional Architecture of Coorg: Silent Sentinels by Brinda Somaya
- Field Marshal KM Cariappa by Air Marshal K.C. Cariappa
- Cuisines from Coorg by Ranee Vijaya Kuttaiah
- Feathered Jewels of Coorg by Dr S. V. Narasimhan
- Gazetteer of Coorg by G. Richter
- The Essential Kodava Cook Book by C.B. Muthamma
- Coorg Gazetteer edited by B.N. Sri Sathyan
- Victoria Gowramma by C. P. Belliappa
- Coorg Memoirs by I.M. Muthanna
- Wild Edible Fruits of Kodagu by Forest College, Ponnampet
- The Early Coorgs by Mookonda Kushalappa
- Victoria Gowramma (Kannada) by C. P. Belliappa
- Coorg Education Fund 150 years
- Ainmanes of Kodagu by Boverianda Nanjamma and Chinnappa
- Mundhu Mane by Ballachanda Family Association
- Kodava Paddathira Bheerya by Prof Ponjanda Appaiah
- Kodira Okka
- Kodava Bashika Janangala Samskrithika Baduku by Nagesh Kaloor
- Kodava Jayabharatha by Mandira Jaya Appanna
- Nanga Kodava by B.D. Ganapathy
- Pattole Palame in Kodava language by Ajjinakanda Pramila and Nachaiah
- Field Marshal KM Cariappa in Kannada by Dr Bojjangada Avanija Somaiah
- Avakashada Alegala Mele C.M. Poonacha’s biography by Dr D. B. Ramachandrachar
- History of Palecanda family by Justice P.P. Bopanna
About P.T. Bopanna: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/P._T._Bopanna